Saturday, September 15, 2012

sometimes the things that come out of my mouth surprise me.

Things like today to Abby, "We all need mercy."  We were talking about the tendency to separate the 'us' from the 'them' as in the 'haves' and 'have-nots.'  Fact is, we are all just broken and dusty mirrors, made to reflect the glory of of a good God but the reflection is murky and shattered when we strive for the glory on our own.  We all need mercy.  When we have a lot.  When we have little.   When we are prideful, bitter, angry, sick, & sad.   We need it like water.  And sometimes we need the mercy in the form of consequences.  Sometimes we need it in the form of a hug or an open hand.

Here's the not-so-good part.  I also said something not-so-awesome to a coworker the other day off the cuff, which made him feel uncomfortable enough to change the subject and which made me realize that forgiveness and healing is still in the process of being completed  (probably always will be).




This video series has gotten my heart stirred and my brain juices flowing.  I highly recommend the whole thing.


Here's to taking Jesus's load.  It is so much lighter than my own.  [Matthew 11:28]

1 comment: