Thursday, September 30, 2010

fall beginnnings...

Ok, last week was a massive failure in Brooke's sleeping department.  Going to sleep at 11:30 or later and waking up around 6...or 630 leads to grumpiness.  Melissa was here this past weekend, which was so fun, but I may have been able to be a better hostess for her and her friends, had I gotten ample sleep during nights preceeding her arrival. 

Melissa and I woke up at the crack of dawn on saturday to make our way to tailgate for the Georgia Tech game.  It was quite the adventure.  I took MARTA to the wrong station, back-tracked to meet Mel at her hotel downtown (I'd rather walk downtown than drive anyday), and then we walked a mile and some change to the tailgate at Georgia Tech toting a waffle maker, waffle mix, bowl, milk and oil, and a bottle of wine.  We got to the tailgate to meet two uncles of ours who had arrived at 730am to stake out a prime tailgating spot.  We ate delicious omlettes, followed by a delicious waffle courtesy of our tailgating neighbors (who had an incredible decked out GT bus).  We could tell that it was going to be a hot day.  Mel and I decided to try to obtain some sunscreen en route to the stadium.  The only sunscreen available, however, was SPF 10 or SPF 100.  Failing to think this through, we chose SPF 0, only to our shoulders' demise.  The game was fun for awhile.  The last 3 minutes felt like the longest of our lives.   It was a sad walk back to the tailgate.  I was thankful that NC state fans were courteous...as I had some fury built up inside that was just waiting to unleash itself on any NC state passerby who dared to gloat about their victory at BDS.  Thankfully, life is not all about football.

I am very glad that I got to hang out with Melissa this past weekend.  I am also very glad to have gotten some more sleep these past few nights...

No comments:

Post a Comment