Friday, August 20, 2010

moving closer....and some goals

The road trip is slowly creeping up on us.  We leave earlyearly on August 30.   I could not be more excited.  I've been dreaming of, planning, and saving for this trip for months!  I was thinking last night of how refreshing it will be to see a sky full of stars at the grand canyon.  He calls each one by name!  (Ps. 147:4)

I am reminded these days of how thankful I am for my roommate.  I appreciate her so much. 

I've been reading (for the past 4 months or so) a book called "The Practice of Godliness" by Jerry Bridges.  He talks about devotion to God and traits of godly character.  Here's a little snippet:

          "This is devotion to God- the fear of God, which is an attitude of reverance and awe, veneration and honor towards Him, coupled with an apprehension deep within our souls of the love of God for us, demonstrated preeminently in the atoning death of Christ." -J. Bridges.

I really appreciate how unapologetic Mr. Bridges is about the gospel and about the cost of discipleship.   This is something that I also appreciate about Oswald Chambers (My Utmost for His Highest). 

In other news, I've decided to make some goals for myself for the rest of this year, as prompted by this blog that I read almost every day.

1) spend at least 30 minutes every day cleaning something around the house or doing yardwork.  this will help stuff not to pile up.

2) give sacrificially (i.e. until it hurts)

3) organize, decorate room (being creative when funds are lacking)

4) learn more about Atlanta


Lake this weekend!  I'm so looking forward to this weekend with my family.  And my Dad is coming too, so that's an extra special treat!  Speaking of special treats, I picked up some tear-apart cookies last night at the store -the kind with the caramel in the middle, definitely looking forward to those!

No comments:

Post a Comment