Tuesday, March 10, 2009

the great unknown

not too sure if anyone reads this. not too sure I care. but if you are reading this it is my prayer that your heart is blessed and encouraged today. (btw, i am sitting facing the window in caribou coffee right now *with some fab jazz music playing* and this adorable family just passed on the sidewalk with their golden retriever and two little boys in their pjs in a radio flyer wagon- presh)

so...now I am in this place of the unexpected. my job is...a job. it is my great provision from the Lord. All praise be to Him that I was able to pay off my credit card COMPLETELY last saturday! so now on to building some savings. Also, I am praying through some future possibilities. Pray that above all I might be obedient to where He calls me. I am doing this church planting residency through 1027 and also now the UAII (Urban Atlanta Impact Initiative) and I am excited to where the Lord would take me. It is the great unknown but I am confident in His grace and provision.

Not too sure if I have put this in here yet but my sister, Melissa, is ENGAGED!!!! I could not be more excited for her and Steven. The Lord has been the center of their relationship from the beginning and My prayer is that He would remain the center as they begin their new life together. I can't wait till July 11th when we get to celebrate it!

Also, the struggle with singleness has been consistent but was encouraged Sunday to realize that any struggle, any hardship I can rejoice IN THE MIDST OF not in spite of because of HIS great and powerful love for me. And the struggle (not sure how this works but Praise God!) increases my likeness to my savior if I continually submit to Him. Be encouraged, friends! Whatever you're going through, we have a great high priest who can sympathize with our weaknesses (in which HE is strong!).

For my determined purpose is that I might know Him, that I might progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His person more strongly and more clearly. Philippians 3:10

Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. John 17:3

No comments:

Post a Comment