Tuesday, November 13, 2007

my dad...

I'd say that I am the "spitin' image" of my dad. I look more like my Dad and we have similar personality traits. As my readers, this might not mean a lot to you but I feel I need to get this out tonight. Here are some fond memories of my dad that have helped mold me into the girl I am today:
Georgia Tech football, staying up late to watch Beavis and Butthead, swimming in grandmother's pool, Christmas music that stayed on October through January, Christmas movies (Charlie Brown, Christmas Vacation, It's a Wonderful Life...others...), laughing, ice cream, peppermint schnapps, weather channel music, Ramblin' man, decorating the Christmas tree each year (and ruining the color scheme with the red and blue balls), carving pumpkins (he's an expert), Christmas eve candlelight services, the Varsity, March Madness, fourth of July, trip to Seattle (both times), Christmas brunch, bike rides in Peachtree City, raking leaves (if raking was a sport, he'd be the champion of the world), and there are seriously so many more things.

On a more serious note, I learned integrity from my dad. I never once questioned his love for me because he always made its so apparent to me through words and actions which spoke even louder to me of his dedication to me as his daughter. He taught me the importance of hard work and diligence in everything I do. He taught me perseverance through tough times and how to trust God in it. And He does it. He practices more than he preaches and I am proud to call him my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment