Thursday, October 20, 2011

"...more like domestic traveler."

A comment I've been getting a lot lately is, "Wow, you certainly are a world traveler!"   Well, to be a little more accurate, I've not had to bust out my passport just yet.  Since the start of september, I've been to Portland, Chicago, Indianapolis (just driving around and flying out of the airport...so you can be the judge of whether that counts), Muncie (IN), and Louisville. 

Tonight, I'll jump on a plane to Denver, CO.  Tonight's flight has an itenerary which was cruelly deceiving.  When I orignally looked at it, I thought, "Oh, it's only an hour and a half...that's weird...cool!!"  Then, Sunday night, it dawned on me that Denver is on Mountain time, duh!  The trip will be pretty short, but in the time that I'm there, we'll be exploring Fort Collins and Colorado Springs (maybe a hike on Pike's peak?!). 

Alright, bullet time.
  • Long distance dating is hard and the funny thing is that this time last year, it would have been on my list of things that I would never do...as the majority of my immediate family is out of state and sometimes I just miss being able to do errands with them.  So, obviously i've changed my mind about the idea.  While the time apart can be difficult, the times together are all the sweeter. 
  • My fall travel isn't over.  I've still got Richmond, VA, and NY, NY on the list!  there'll also possibly be a weekend trip to Oklahoma too!
  • I've given some thought and consideration to changing things up around here...namely, the quote at the top.  While it's one of my favorite quotes, it's not really an accurate representation of the blog's contents anymore. 
  • I'll post some pictures later of my finished products (one and two). 
  • Also, while in Muncie, Shannon (one of Trent's best friends) made this amazing butternut squash dish.  Here's the recipe-
    • 2lb butternut squash, peelewd, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes (easier if you nuke the squash for about 3 min- rotating about halfway through)
    • 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
    • 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
    • 2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
    • 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
    • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    • 1/4 tsp sea salt
    •  Heat oven to 375. Spray a large roasting pan with cooking spray. Place butternut squash, garlic, onion, and rosemary in the pan and mix. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper and salt. Gently toss the mixture.
    • Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake in oven for 40 minutes
    • Remove from oven and uncover.
xoxo,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment