Friday, September 2, 2011

tomorrow: PDX

Football was fantastic.  Georgia Tech won 63-21.   Not too shabby.  I was much surprised to see lots of passing on an offense that is known for its running.  Also surprising, we were good at it!  365 passing yards.  Whoa.  Last year, we averaged about 85 passing yards per game.  It was a fun game to watch. 

I was able to sit in a suite with some people my uncle knows for the game.  The best part was probably the AC.  I'll take the heat and the atmosphere next time though.  While the folks in the box were very kind and welcoming, at times I felt like I was the only one cheering and singing.

So, that was yesterday.  Here's one thing I realized tonight- I've been looking forward to next weekend in Chicago for so long that I've gotten in the habit of always looking to the next big thing and forgetting the moment.   Tonight I took a long walk.  Walking is a much different experience than running, and not just because I don't get winded while doing it.   The speed of my motion forward causes me to slow my mind down- to focus on the here and now.  Thank you, Jesus.

I know I titled this post about tomorrow.  That's because tomorrow, I really am going to Portland!

Here's a puzzle-
Part of the 'here and now' for tonight is which of the following:
a) packing
b)skyping with Trent (skype is magic)
c) all of the above.

I'm going to go enjoy the present and be thankful in it.



No comments:

Post a Comment