Thursday, March 24, 2011

a little of this, a little of that

After a couple of days of hobbling around from sore hips, calves, legs, feet, I feel ready to get back out and run.  Good thing, too.  It's been gorgeous outside and here in Atlanta, everything seems to be in bloom.  One of my fave running spots is at stone mountain.  There's a 5 mile route all the way around the mountain.  So pretty.  I think I'll be doing a 5k in a few weeks...under 29 minutes wouold be a dream.   

My dad will be here in one week from tomorrow!!  Ironically (in the Alanis Morisette kinda way), I'll be flying out to oklahoma to be in Sarah's wedding, which I am also extremely excited about.  And when I get back to atlanta, my Dad will be picking me up at the airport!!

On another note, I set some 2011 goals.   One of them was to read through half the Bible, which was changed to the whole thing.  I got behind for a few weeks in a row when I was in Exodus, Leviticus, and Numbers.  But thankfully, I made it through.  There are some really interesting aspects to these books.  I'm especially interested in the role of women and the laws about women in Pre-promised-land-nation-of-Israel.    Another of my goals, watching SNL every Saturday night, has materialized into watching only the new episodes.  Two of the goals on my list-flossing and making my bed...still working on those. 

I was reminded today by one of my fave bloggers (Summer Harms) about one of my favorite songs from a movie, Stardust by Nat King Cole from Sleepless in Seattle.   What's your favorite song from a movie?  What movies are in your top 5?

No comments:

Post a Comment