Monday, October 25, 2010

just keep swimming...

Life has been crazy as of late, but so exciting!  I am learning to trust the Lord with my time...as there are only so many hours in the day to get everything done- from making my coffee in the morning, to grocery shopping, to running/exercising, to laundry, to keeping my room in a somewhat clean status...I sometimes wonder what life would like if it wasn't just me to take care of... would life hold itself together?  I can't really answer that question right now.  Right now, I know that I must be faithful in the little things in life, and trust that the Lord is faithful to reward. 

Almost exactly 2 years ago to the day, Erin Leigh and I spent an evening together talking about how our post college days were shaking out.  One thing I remember her saying is how important it is to remain patient, even if our current situations were less than optimal - much like running a marathon.  I've never run in a marathon, only half, but I can attest to the fact that, sometimes, during a run, your lungs burn and your legs desparately want to stop moving, but your brain says to keep moving... so you do.   See here and here.

ye olde pumpkin carving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment