Monday, April 5, 2010

i'm bad...

Ok, so remember this? I give you permission to kick me in the shin next time you see me (be gentle, please! bear in mind the subject of the accountability)

Some of my most ardent readers (ha) may recall that I wrote a few weeks ago about taking a wee little trip out to oklahoma at the end of april. I decided last week to go ahead and sign myself up for the dern OKC half marathon. Yes...I know. I had put my foot down. No more half marathons. But seriously, guys. The ING was so fun. It made the training all worth it.

So, April 22nd, after work, I'll be on the road again with Miss Jen (an OK native herself and an OSU cowboy!). It will be epic! It will be soooo good to the faces of my family members!

Easter was yesterday. It was a good morning. Last week I took some extra time to dive into Charles Spurgeon's passion week sermon series (so good!)- here's a little quotey quote.
"...I felt the burden of my sin...but the moment I saw there was nothing whatever for me to do, that Jesus did it long long ago, that all my sins were put on His back and that He suffered as I ought to have suffered, why then my heart had peace with God, peace by beleiving, peace through the precious blood...There is no motive for holiness so great as that which streams from the veins of Jesus." -Spurgeon in "The Precious Blood of Jesus"

It was a beautiful weekend to be outside. Also, the weekend brought with it some anxiousness, about which I was reminded over and over to leave it at the feet of Jesus.

With that in mind, here's another little quote from Spurgeon:
"Be thou perfectly content to leave the result of thy prayer in His hands, Who knows what to give and how to give and when to give and what to withhold. So pleading, earnestly, importunately, yet mingling with it humility and resignation, thou shalt yet prevail." -Spurgeon in "Gethsemene"

peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment