Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"Bueno by any other name would taste as bueno."

So if you're from the south-midwest, you're probably familiar with Taco Bueno.  How could you go wrong with a name like that?  Yesterday on the way home, we stopped at what was probably the last Taco Bueno we would see.

On Sunday, I ran the OKC Memorial half marathon!  It was a good race.  The best part was the fans (i.e. my family!), followed by the flat course.  OKC was bursting with pride, as the Thunder (NBA team) had just won the past 2 playoff games against the Lakers! 

Unfortunately, both my ankles were unhappy with me before the race, and running 13.1 miles did not exactly suit their fancy.  I've been hobbling around since Sunday, hoping that a 3-week running hiatus will do my body some good!

It was oh-so-good to see and spend time with my family.  On that note, my sister Mallory will be coming to hang out in Atl for almost 2 whole weeks starting May 6! 

:::// EDIT \\\:::
food for thought-

a) theology based on country music.  what would that look like?

b) 'So you also should counsider yourselves to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus.'  (Romans 6:11)   What does 'alive to God' mean?    I'm pretty sure Mr. Merriam and Mr. Webster offer a solid definition of the word alive, but Paul choses to include 'to God' at the end of that.  What does that look like in real life?

No comments:

Post a Comment