Friday, April 25, 2008

notorious

yes. that's right. this post is going to be about dating and relationships. it's something that i have given a tremendous amount of thought and breath to. my friends know me to be a bit boy-crazy. i am. i have no problem admitting that. it's something that i am coming to terms with. i have also come to a newfound thankfulness for God's sovereign protection over my heart since college began. He allowed it to be bruised in the beginning, but healing is taking place.

He has never allowed circumstances to work out the way i would have them in order to get what i think i want, even when it seems so absolutely perfect. one of the verses i discovered early in college was Proverbs 4:23- Gaurd your heart in all things, for it is the wellspring of life.
I have failed to do this many many many times, but God has shown His great strength in my great weakness time and again. One of the deepest desires of my heart is for marriage but He has brought me to a place where settling is not an option, where a "good guy" just won't make the cut.

This is maybe not what you were expected when you started reading this post. I could really write a book on the subject. I am just taking this time and space to express PRAISE AND HONOR AND GLORY TO GOD, from whom ALL blessings flow!

How do you guard your heart? I find that I have gained much discernment and wisdom to this point in the aspect of revealing information to a guy. How much information do you reveal of yourself when you first meet someone? I think there might be a fine line between being open and putting your heart out there. Does it have to do with hope? What do you think?
What about your thoughts and imagination? This is where I struggle the most for sure. I can only give you 2 Corinthians 10:5 to look at.

Furthermore, I point you to Jesus, the author of salvation and the artist of the beautiful painting that is the relationship between Christ and the Church (Ephesians 5).

peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment