Friday, November 30, 2007

crying...

I cry about once per week and I am thankful for tears. I think it's healthy.

I've kind of been reading Amy Carmichael's biography (written by Elizabeth Elliot) on and off for the past year. Amy Carmichael lived as a missionary in India during the first half of the 20th century. Her work involved rescuing children who had been sold to the Hindu temples. She would take them in and care for them and bring them up. This is what I read the other day from her biography:

"In Amy's Bible, on a card pasted inside the front cover are these words:
'These children are dear to Me. Be a mother to them, and more than a mother. Watch over them tenderly, be just and kind. If thy heart is not large enough to embrace them, I will enlarge it after a pattern of my own. If these children are docile and obedient, bless Me for it; if they are froward, call upon Me for help; If they weary thee, I will be thy consolation; if thou sink under thy burden, I will be thy Reward.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment