Tuesday, March 1, 2011

imagine if you had no other choice...

...than to drink water looking like this.  Not only that, but imagine you had to walk 8 miles total to get it for your family.

1 in 8 people on earth do not have access to clean water.

This is actually what my bottle looked like after I dumped in a crystal light packet today.  But the image of the sunlight on the nearly opaque liquid in my bottle reminded me of the need felt by nearly a billion people on earth.

My church, 1027 church, is doing a benefit concert on March 26 at Inman Middle school starting at 7:30 pm.  You can help get clean water to one person by donating $20 and by bringing all your friends to this event.

Here are some links for more info :  1027 church  :: Atlanta Water Project :: Charity : Water

No comments:

Post a Comment