Monday, May 24, 2010

baseball, boys, weekends, singleness...

Last week I had a healthy serving of baseball- Braves on Saturday night, GT on Sunday (hello, sun), and GT again on Tuesday!  Ahhhh how I love baseball season.   Baseball is a LOT more fun when your team is winning.  Tuesday night I took the boys who I babysit for to the Georgia Tech game.  They had a blast.  After the game, the younger of the two, Joey, turned to me and said something to the effect of, "Georgia Tech is better than the Braves!"  Yes, Joey.  Yes they are.  ;-) 

During the game, both of the boys had made messes with their cokes.  Then Jack, the older one, proceeded to sit in the dried, sticky coke.  When I informed him of this, he used his hand to make sure I was right.  He stuck his hand in the coke and licked it.  Call me a germophobe, but I was thoroughly grossed out.

This weekend I was able to sleep in for the first time in ages and spend some time in the Word.  I highly recommend reading all of Psalm 119 in one sitting.  

Contentment with singleness is an ebb-and-flow type deal.  This weekend I was reminded to be obedient in the place where God has called me.  He has given me everything I need.  Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment