Sunday, March 16, 2008

goodness and seattle

1. in Seattle now. sitting at my dad's desk yesterday, my eyes fell upon letters written to him. these letters were from people in my uncle's church. these were letters of encouragement and prayer to my dad from people who don't even know him. this is what we look over when we are criticizing the church. this is what the world doesn't see about the church. over the past 9 months, I have had the amazing privilege to witness the body of Christ coming together in order to offer love, encouragement, and prayers to my family.

2. there are so many questions that swirl in my mind and heart throughout each day. i want to seek the answers to these questions in honesty and humilty but I realized today that although I have many doubts, there is no way that I could deny the salvation that is offered to me in the cruxifiction, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

"Why should I gain from His reward, I cannot give an answer. But this I know with all my heart, His wounds have paid my ransom." -Stuart Townhend

No comments:

Post a Comment